This is May 2020 version of “What to Expect Next from Sony ?“. Sony currently has two new camera codes registered in China: WW119533 and WW271448. So Sony is going to announce at least two new cameras in early 2020.
Next Sony camera to be announced in 1-3 months:
- WW119533: Registered by Sony China, this camera uses NP-BX1 battery, which is also used on RX1R II, could be long awaited RX1R III.
- WW271448: Registered by Sony Japan, so this is a high-end full frame E-mount model, could be long awaited Sony a7S III or Sony a7 IV.
Rumored Sony Cameras:
- Sony a7S III (Rumored specs: 15MP IMX521CQR sensor, 4K@60p, 10bit 4:2:2, HDR Video, Staked Sensor)
- Sony a7 IV (To replace current a7 III, rumored to be announced in the second half of 2020)
- Sony Alpha a5 (An entry-level full frame mirrorless camera to compete with Canon EOS RP)
- Sony RX1R III (This high-end compact camera has rumored for a long time, expected to announced in 2020.)
- Sony RX10 V
Rumored Sony Lenses:
- Sony FE 20mm f/2.8 Pancake Lens
- Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Mark II Lens
- Sony E 12-24mm f/4 Lens
- Sony FE 500mm f/4 GM Lens
- A total of 6 new native Sony E-mount lenses coming in 2020 to 2021