This is June version of “What to Expect Next from Sony ?“. After the announcement of new Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G OSS Lens (B&H/Adorama/Amazon/Focus Camera) and FE 600mm f/4 GM OSS Lens (B&H/Adorama/Amazon/Focus Camera), Sony also has one new camera code “WW716189” got registered at certification bodies, so we can expect at least one new camera to be announced within 1-2 months. Below is a roundup rumors of upcoming Sony cameras and lenses to be announced next.
- Sony a9 Mark II (Could be the recently registered camera code “WW716189“, to be announced in the second half of 2019)
- Sony a7S III (Rumored to be announced in late 2019 to early 2020. 4K@60p, 10bit 4:2:2, HDR Video, Staked Sensor)
- Sony a6700/a7000 (Will have a7 series design, a high-end APS-C model, see rumored specs, also rumored to be announced in late 2019 to early 2020)
- Sony Alpha a5 (An entry-level full frame mirrorless camera to compete with Canon EOS RP)
- Sony a77 III
- Sony RX1R III (This high-end compact camera has rumored for a long time, expected to announced in 2019 to 2020.)
- Sony RX10 V (Expected to be announced in the second half of 2019.)