The long awaited Sony a7S III (B&H/Adorama/Amazon) has finally announced, so what can we expected from upcoming Sony a7IV ? The Sony a7IV is expected to be released in late 2020 to early 2021. Below are some features that we can expect from a7 IV:
- Improved 24MP Full Frame CMOS sensor (Could still use a7 III‘s 24MP sensor, as a9 II also uses original a9’s sensor)
- New BIONZ XR image processor that is firstly introduced on a7S III. (According to Sony, the new BIONZ XR processor is capable of eight times the processing power of the BIONZ X)
- Dual card slots that accept new CFexpress Type A memory cards and UHS-II SD memory cards.
- New menu design with full touch capability as on Sony a7S III.
- New video recording formats including HEVC.
- New HEIF compressed photo file format option.
- Sony a7 IV may also feature with 9.44 million-dot EVF with 0.90x magnification that is first introduced on a7S III.
- 4K video at 60p, may also feature with 8K/6K video at 30p
- New AF system that is on a7S III (759 phase and 425 contrast detection points)