The upcoming Sony Alpha a7R III and a7S III is rumored to be announced next, the a7S III seems already get leaked several days ago. Unlike rumored Sony Alpha a9, the a7R III will be stay the same size and designs. Below are top 20 features expect from Sony a7R III and a7S III mirrorless cameras by Dave Dugdale from LearningVideo. According to Dave, Sony seems to be really listening what photographers said.
Below are the list of top features expect from Sony a7R III and a7S III:
- Better AF. The algo they have in the Sony fly-by-wire lenses is very frustrating when shooting video. Touch screen for pulling focus would kind of fix that.
- The colors science improved from the original a7s, but keep working on the colors. Perhaps they can come up with another Color Mode that emulates Arri, just call it Arri I am sure they would not mind.
- Touch screen (I skip 4 in the video because I combined it with the touch screen)
- Flip out to the side screen
- A easy to edit codec for Davinci Resolve. Not asking for Prores, but something that cuts like butter in Resolve like Prores and is not so CPU intensive when editing in 4ktop 20
- Custom WB in movie mode
- Assign APS-C to button!
- Film with shutter button
- Create another log profile that is a combination of slog2 and slog3. Slog3 is too flat but easier to grade by hand, Slog2 is about as flat as I want it to be but is harder to grade by hand. Keep the min ISO to 800 for this new log profile.
- Allow 3rd party besides Zeiss AF information to they can design lenses that work just as fast as the native glass, the more you can expand the E mount system the more you will sell these cameras.
- Faster chips to improve rolling shutter.
- Better menus, sounds like they are coming
- Apps don’t lose settings from before
- Make it so simple to transfer images to my smart phone
- Increase Battery life
- Improve IBIS
- Distance scale in movie mode
- Louder speaker like on the iPhone X.
- RGB Histogram for video
See also: Sony Black Friday Deals 2016