Voigtlander has just officially announced the new Voigtlander MACRO APO-LANTHAR 65mm f/2 Aspherical Lens for Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. The US price for this lens is $1,059.00, now available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video and Adorama. This lens will start shipping on August 2, 2017.
Voigtlander said that this lens is one of their finest lenses ever. It is designed to cover full frame sensors, and allegedly boasts exceptional correction of chromatic aberration.
- Designed for full-frame E-mount cameras, this 65mm lens is also compatible with APS-C format systems where it provides an equivalent focal length of 97.5mm.
- The lens’ apochromatic design practically eliminates longitudinal chromatic aberrations, making this lens a high-performing option for demanding digital image sensors.
- One aspherical element is featured in the optical design to control spherical aberrations and improve clarity, sharpness, and resolution.
- Manual focus design permits smooth, refined control along with a minimum focusing distance of 12.2″, which grants macro capabilities with a magnification ratio of 1:2.
- The manual aperture ring uses traditional 1/3-stop clicks for more intuitive tactile control over exposure settings.
- Ten-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth quality of bokeh.
- Included lens hood guards the front lens element and also helps to control lens flare and ghosting.
- Contacts transfer all Exif data between the camera and lens in order to permit full use of camera functions, including focus magnification, image stabilization, and lens corrections.