The Solar Eclipse will take place on August 21, 2017 is going to have a totality (full magnitude) stripe across the nation from the southeast corner to the northwest corner. Sony Alpha Universe recently has posted a article about how to photography a solar eclipse use Sony gears. B&H Photo Video has a page to shop all related Solar Eclipse gears.
Below is a list of Sony gears to photograph a Solar Eclipse by AlphaUniverse:
- Sony a7R II. My high-resolution camera with the PlayMemories Timelapse camera app installed.
- Sony a9. It’s just plain fast. Not really knowing what to expect with regards to the diamond ring shots, I want to be sure I can capture every split second.
- 360-degree camera. Like I said, I’ll be having a 360 degree sunset?
- Sony 35mm f/1.4 lens. I love this lens. I will use it to photograph the area leading up to the eclipse.
- Sony 24-70mm f/2.8 G Master lens. For everything I don’t need a telephoto to shoot.
- Sony 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 G Master lens. A telephoto that is sharp and very easy to handle? Yes, please.
- Minolta 500mm f/8 Reflex lens. You can never really have enough telephotos at an eclipse, can you? To mount this on my Sony mirrorless bodies I’ll use an adapter.
You can read full article here to find out how to shoot a solar eclipse using Sony gears.