At Photokina 2018 press event, Sony announced that they will release 12 more native E-mount lenses in near future. The latest Sony E-mount lens is FE 24mm f/1.4 GM Lens (B&H Photo/Amazon/ Adorama/WEX/ParkCamera). And they will also add AI to next Sony cameras, and Eye AF to work on animals.
- Sony has the #1 share of the full frame market in the world
- They’re #1 in mirrorless share in the world.
- Sony is #1 when it comes to sensor manufacturing and EVF manufacturing
- The resolution of the full frame sensor has gone beyond what 35mm film is capable of doing.
- Their new XA lens elements are designed to achieve high surface precision
- The E mount system has 48 lenses
- Sony will be adding more lenses to the system to make it up to 60 in the near future. They didn’t say what lenses are coming though.
- Sony’s Eye AF is more advanced than those from other companies’.
- Eye AF is coming to animals soon
You can watch the press event video below: