Sony has just announced a new flagship radio-triggered wireless flash for its full-frame E-Mount cameras: The Sony HVL-F60RM Wireless Radio Flash. The US price for this flash is $599, will be available for pre-order on February 26th at B&H Photo Video.
- Advance Distance Integration (ADI) flash metering works with cameras and lenses with distance encoders to more accurately balance flash output with ambient light and subject reflectivity by taking camera-to-subject distance into account
- Support for optical wireless TTL in both commander or remote modes with up to three groups in one of four channels.
- Guide number of 197′ at ISO 100 and 105mm with the ability to produce approximately 220 full-power flashes on a single set of batteries.
- The flash is equipped with a built-in LED light with an output of 1200 lux at 1.6′ / 0.5m. Additionally, it can also be used as an AF illuminator to support faster autofocus performance in low-light conditions.
- Flash head offers -8 to 150° of tilt along with a total of 180° of rotation for full bounce flash capabilities.
- Up to 220 full-power flashes are possible per set of batteries.
- Compared to its predecessor, the HVL-F60RM has twice the resistance to overheating due to updated materials and algorithms.
- Dust and moisture-resistant construction enables its use in harsh environments and a durable metal shoe has been added for improved mounting stability.
- Offers a high-visibility dot-matrix LCD and tab-structure menu. Also, the main Quick Navi control interface provides more direct control over commonly accessed settings. Additionally, the main keys can be reprogrammed to rapidly access specific settings.
- Slow, high-speed, 1st and 2nd curtain sync is supported on cameras with TTL communication.
- Zoom head of 20-200mm as well as a pull-out diffusion panel which covers 14mm.
- Flash distribution settings of standard, center (guide number priority), and even (wide-angle priority) will adjust how the flash affects the scene or subject.
- Two memory settings are available for near instant recall of different setups.
- Manual flash control from 1/1 to 1/128 power in 1/3 or 1/2 EV steps.
- Recycle time of 0.1-1.7 seconds. If used with the optional FA-EBA1 external battery pack, recycle times can be reduced to just 0.6 seconds.