thephoblographer has complete the full review of recently released Sony Alpha a99 II SLT camera. The Sony Alpha a99 II is Sony’s latest flagship A-mount camera, you can now pre-order at Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama.
- Incredible autofocus
- Very versatile RAW files
- Nice feeling in the hand
- The best battery life of any Sony camera ever made
- Ergonomic controls are really nice
- 4K video is a nice addition
- Why the hell isn’t Tungsten white balance a thing on this camera but is on the RX100 V? For studio work, it’s critical.
- Sometimes hard to see the autofocus points in the viewfinder. It would be nice if you could change their color.
- Big and heavy. Not recommended with lenses to be stored in a messenger bag.
The Sony a99 II is a camera that is targeted at professional photographers, but will probably be more appreciated by the high-end enthusiast and the semi-professional. Part of this has to do with the durability not being as good as Canon or Nikon’s. But as it is, all three brands have great third party support and first party support when it comes to flashes and lenses. Where the Sony a99 II takes the front at is with autofocus, image quality, fast fps shooting, and other features abound. Sports photographers and photojournalists will seriously appreciate this.