According to latest rumors, the long awaited Sony a7S III will be officially announced at the end of this month, probably on July 28th or July 29th. Just ahead of release date of Canon EOS R5 (B&H/Adorama/Amazon). The release date for Sony a7S III is expected in mid August.
Below are latest rumored specs of Sony a7S III:
- New 12MP stacked full frame CMOS sensor with fast readout
- Video: 4K@120fps 10bit 4:2:2 and 4K@120fps raw over HDMI, FHD@240fps
- Design similar to a Sony a7R IV.
- Fully articulating screen like the one used by the Sony ZV-1.
- World’s highest resolution new 9.44 million dot EVF (QXGA resolution)
- New kind of passive (noise free) cooling system
- No overheating, no recording time limits
- UHS-II SD card support
- Official announcement on July 28/29
- Release date in mid August