Update: Sony a6400 Officially Announced.
As confirmed in the last post, Sony will have a product announcement tomorrow. Now we got more info about this new product, along with new lenses, Sony will announced a new APS-C mirrorless camera called Sony Alpha a6400, to replace both Sony a5100 and Sony a6000. Sony a6400 will be a new mid-level APS-C mirrorless camera to have 4K video at 30p, and mostly for vloggers. Rumors also said a6400 will have some exciting new features. Stay tuned.
Below are rumored specs from SAR:
- Sony Alpha a6400 will be announced on Jan 15 between 4-5pm London time.
- It’s going to become the new mid-level camera replacing both the A5100 and entry level A6xxx cameras
- It has a classic A6xxx design but it has the A5100 selfie screen (SAR note: That’s why for a short moment I thought this was an A5xxx camera…but it’s not).
- New APS-C sensor
- Made for vloggers
- 4K30p (it has NOT 4k60p)
- No Z-battery and no dual SD card slot
- But has some new “exciting” features