Samyang has officially announced the 2nd generation of AF 35mm f/1.4 FE lens. You can check price and pre-order options at B&H Photo Video.
Samyang AF 35mm f/1.4 FE II Features:
- Sharp & Clear from Corner-to-Corner – The 2 ASP (aspherical) elements in this new AF 35mm F1.4 FE II lens deliver stunning contrast and amazing resolution. Samyang’s advanced coating technology maintains superb image clarity, even in challenging lighting conditions. The corner-to-corner sharpness is maintained even at maximum aperture, so optical performance is consistent at all exposure settings.
- Faster, Precise, Quiet Auto Focus Performance – Samyang’s Linear Stepping Motor (STM) provides the high-thrust efficiency needed for fast, precise, quiet AF and tracking, thus maximising the advantages of Sony E-Mount cameras. Compared to the previous AF 35mm F1.4 FE, this new AF 35mm F1.4 FE II is optimised not only for photo shooting, but also for video shooting, by minimising vibration and noise. Tracking the subject accurately and quickly, the AF also operates quietly and smoothly when shooting video. Samyang’s Linear STM satisfies both photographers and videographers with quieter and more accurate control of the focusing lens groups.
- Delivers Extremely Narrow Depth of Field with Refined Beautiful Bokeh – The F1.4 maximum aperture of this new AF 35mm F1.4 FE II lens makes it easier to capture clear images in low light, even when shooting handheld. A 9-blade circular aperture design enhances its capability for stunningly beautiful background bokeh when desired. Smooth bokeh can make subjects stand out in images with deep dimensional impact.
- Enhanced Operability and Reliability – Important customisation features of the AF 35mm F1.4 FE II include the Focus Hold Button and Custom Switch:
- Focus Hold Button – Pressing this button on the lens will keep the lens locked to that focusing distance. You can assign functions such as Eye AF via the settings on the camera body.
- Custom Switch – Can be set to allow silent adjustment of the aperture by rotating the focus ring. Using the optional Lens Station, you can set up the mode to suit your own preference. More functions will be added with future firmware updates.
- Short Minimum Focal Distance – The minimum focal distance is just 29cm (0.95ft), making the lens incredibly versatile. It is possible to produce unique perspectives close to the subject which in turn makes it easier to take portraits with exaggerated features, for example food on a table, etc.
- Modern Design & Weather-Sealing – The AF 35mm F1.4 FE II has been developed and enhanced, taking into consideration not only the design but also the user’s shooting environment. It has a micro-patterned rubber focus ring, which feels great to operate and the weather-sealing (in 4 areas) also protects the lens from light rain, snow and dust.