Rokinon has officially announced the Samyang AF 45mm f/1.8 FE lens for Sony E-mount full frame mirrorless cameras today. The US price for this lens is $399, now available for pre-order at B&H Photo Video.
- Compact normal-length prime is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 67.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus.
- One extra-low dispersion element reduces color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color rendering.
- Two aspherical elements control spherical aberrations and distortions for improved sharpness and resolution.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to reduce flare and ghosting for increased contrast and a neutral color balance.
- The integrated autofocus motor works in conjunction with Sony cameras’ focusing systems for quick, accurate, and precise AF control. Manual focus override is also available for refining your focus position.
- Internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length and prevents the front of the lens from rotating during use.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Included lens hood helps to block stray light from causing flare and ghosting.
Rokinon 45mm f/1.8 AF Specs
Focal Length 45mm Maximum Aperture f/1.8 Minimum Aperture f/22 Lens Mount Sony E Format Compatibility Full-Frame Angle of View 52.31° Maximum Magnification 0.12x Minimum Focus Distance 1.48′ / 45 cm Optical Design 7 Elements in 6 Groups Diaphragm Blades 9, Rounded Focus Type Autofocus Image Stabilization None Filter Size 49 mm (Front) Dimensions (ø x L) 2.43 x 2.21″ / 61.8 x 56.1 mm Weight 5.7 oz / 162 g